Pages

7.18.2014

Nevada Sunnier

The shadows are high and my reality has sunk. I can't stop rubbing the corners of my eyes. Blinking away my iron and irony; repressing anything the color of blue. We were string and gold. My emptiness is my verb and you are the noun. Pronounced. Anunciate. Communicate. Moon to you and to me. I was a child. Red yellow and blue. That air mattress for a bed creating agitation between your kidneys. Kids and knees. Darling I've been crying for decades while you've only been around to decay. Take me back. Back to the childhood of a confused 10 year old girl. Short blonde hair, singing songs of the sad picking raspberries and running away from the family dog. Breaking pine needles like wishing bones, always letting my sister have the longer end. I've been waiting for end. I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I'll keep the illusion straight, Love.

No comments: